Do you experience lower back or constant neck pain?
These are the pain spots of a herniated or bulging disc.
What is a Herniated Disc or Bulging Disc?
Let’s first talk about anatomy. The bones (vertebrae) that form the spine are cushioned by round, flat discs. When these discs are healthy, they act as shock absorbers for the spine and keep the spine flexible. If they become damaged, they may bulge abnormally or break open. When the disc ruptures, a portion of the spinal disc pushes outside its normal boundary–this is called a herniated disc. This can be caused by degeneration of the spine and may also be a result of trauma or injury.
What are the different kinds of Herniated Discs?
There are three main types of herniated discs:
- Contained Disc Herniation: The disc is considered contained if the inner material of the disc has not pushed through its outer wall.
- Extruded Disc Herniation: The disc is considered extruded if the inner material has broken through its outer wall but is still attached to the disc.
- Sequestered Disc Herniation: If the nucleus has pushed through the annulus and broken away from the disc it is known as a sequestered disc.
We have answers and options to relieve pain from Herniated Discs, Disc Bulges, Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Pinched Nerve, Annular Disc Tear, Degenerative Disc disease, Spondylosis/Spine Arthritis, Radiculopathy, Bone Spurs/Osteophytes and Facet Joint Syndrome.
Free Pain Screening Quiz
Pain presents itself in many different ways, at different times and in many cases is triggered by specific activities. Arizona Pain Treatment Centers will be happy to answer your questions in conjunction with a personal phone call follow up with one of our doctors. Please answer the questions as accurately as possible.
What are the symptoms of a Herniated Disc?
Lumbar (Lower Back)
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain traveling from lower back and runs down the leg(s)
- Tingling and numbness in the leg(s), feet, and/or toes
- Muscular weakness
- Pain in the neck and shoulders
- Pain traveling from neck and through the shoulder and into the arms
- Tingling and numbness in the arm(s), hands, and/or fingers
- Muscular weakness
What To Expect
Since 1997, our multi-disciplinary team has been helping our community and changing lives.
Schedule a Phone Consultation with our Doctor
During your complimentary phone consultation with our Doctor, you will receive a personal one-on-one conversation about the symptoms you are currently experiencing and discover how we can be the perfect fit for you.
Receive an appointment date and time
This appointment is the next step in discovering the new treatments and procedures that we successfully offer every day. Our diverse team brings to you the latest techniques and an array of options for treatment.
Begin your new life of Health and Healing
Our care is ‘backed’ by our entire team and we are now ready to take amazing care of you! From Non-Surgical Procedures and Non-Steroidal Injections to custom Muscle Work Treatments, we promise you won’t be disappointed.